1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

This doesn't get on my nerves but what the hell is it?

HC likes this.
  2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Frankie Goes to Holiday?

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

4. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Mainly, Frankenstein's monster comes to town square and starts singing a Christmas carol (him sticking the holiday lights in his neck is what gave it away for me). Then the crowd warms to him after one little girl starts singing along.

I think it's an excellent commercial.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I didn't realize that's Brad Garrett playing Frank. (My sister said it was and I ruthlessly said it wasn't and she was on drugs. Then... I saw online that it was. Crow, order for one!)

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Apple's holiday commercials are usually A+.

This one from a few years back made me tear up every time:

7. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Not sure which cable company it is...but it shows grandparents reading about how their granddaughter hates coming to their house for Christmas because it doesn't have wifi and big TVs...so Gram and Gramps spring for all the new goodies.
    WTF? No, that lil bitch can sit in the corner and cry while Grandpa tells everyone about Korea for the 24th straight year! THAT'S what holidays are for.

8. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"Hello, Moto!" (Especially the "ain't it cool" handling of its extra features, provided you shell out for goofy-assed accessories. Yeah, soooooo cool.)

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Comcast. Who else?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

The geek who switched phone providers. I really want him to shut up.

On another note, I find myself saying"Hello, Moto" for absolutely no reason. It's like a song stuck in my head.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Winn Dixie has an awful song about prices going down to the tune of "9 to 5" by some woman who'd be booed off the stage at karaoke night. TV and radio spots, including every Alabama game and coaches show for the latter.

12. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

The Verizon ad using the Macklemore song.

Draft saved Draft deleted