1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fantasy football 2016

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mr. Sunshine, Jul 3, 2016.

1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

No.

Pondering which two of these to start: Watkins, Moncrief, Howard.

2. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Jordan Howard? Yup.

I also have him and Moncrief. Moncrief has a high floor and a low ceiling, which I'd probably take over Watkins' higher ceiling and 0-point floor. Watkins may get one play in. That foot is not in good shape. Too risky.

QYFW likes this.
  3. bigpern23

Gronk is droppable, right? There's no chance of a miracle recovery in time for Week 16, right?

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

I dropped him. He's going on IR.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

And one of the guys in my league had his first kid this week and named it Atlas Von _____.

6. bigpern23

Need a flex play:
    Moncrief @NYJ
    T. Williams (with a partially torn labrum) vs. TB
    Crowder @ARI
    Starks vs. HOU

I'm leaning toward Moncrief. Matchup is better than Crowder's, he's healthier than Tyrell.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Jordan Howard, man.

bigpern23 likes this.
  8. bigpern23

Helped me to a top-seed in one league. I'm slaughtering my opponent in that one.

9. bigpern23

I'm going to be sweating out tonight's game. My opponent is done and leads me by 8 points. I have Vinatieri and Gore going, with the top spot, a $100 payout and a bye on the line. If I'd played Crabtree instead of Tyreek Hill, I'd be trailing by just a point. I'm projected to win, but I'm not confident. A loss drops me to third and an extra playoff game.

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Entering last night, I had a range of outcomes from a bye to missing the playoffs entirely. If things go as they're supposed to tonight, I'm going to get that bye, which is huge for me with Green out and Cooks and Cooper as my WRs. God bless the Panthers for sucking last night.

11. bigpern23

What do you need to happen?

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Any of these three things would knock me out of a bye. In the order of least to most likely:
    - Nick Folk scoring 22 points (which means I lose the week and likely knocks me entirely out of the playoffs)
    - Adam Vinatieri scoring 15 points (which on its own would leave me in the playoffs but knock me out of the bye)
    - Brandon Marshall outscoring Bilal Powell by 7 points (which would also have me still making the playoffs)

The weird part is that if Folk somehow pulls that off, my only hope for making the playoffs is for the Marshall team to beat the Powell team. (I'd be tied with the Powell team on record, but I have him on points.)

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted