1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm a Tech grad. If I wasn't going to project confidence, who was?

three_bags_full and heyabbott like this.
  2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Guys, the healing happened five years ago.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You can't shower away the stench of Pedo State. The university which accepted serial child rape. Which revered a man, or maybe just male, as head coach was more interested in winning his way then in doing the right thing. It's not just that you can't root for that laundry, but those that do are morally repugnant on a certain level. For all joe pa's faux Catholicism, neither he nor PSU have admitted their sins and asked for forgiveness.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Five years ago, Dick. I know I've got two more years before I meet your statute of limitations. But thanks for being big about it.

6. jr/shotglass

As for you, who took your time away from racist taunts to weigh in on this ...

You and others use a type of mental shorthand. If you think the entire fan base or the entire school looks upon Joe Paterno as a saint, you're dim-witted. If you think the entire fan base or the entire school looks the other way on child abuse, you're dim-witted. Look, I have 200-post comment sections on just about every Penn State story from my former employer that prove this. There's a lot of division of opinion.

If you want to paint the entire area between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh with this broad brush, have at it. But you're dim-witted.

BitterYoungMatador2 and TeamBud like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

To quote, well, you (on another thread) . . . "Would it do any good."

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why don't the moderate Penn State fans denounce the Paterno supporters?

9. jr/shotglass

Oh, for fuck's sake, they do. People on the outside just don't see it every day, so they believe it doesn't exist. What did I just say about the division of opinion? Each Paterno defender gets shouted down without fail.

But it doesn't fit the narrative of some folks.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If Penn State gets in, some single moms gonna get knocked up after the waitress shift tonight.

11. jr/shotglass

You know. Like him.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The school honored Joe Paterno's legacy at a game three months ago. A hundred thousand people cheered as a fuck-you to the world.

I think it's fair to say the disconnect from reality remains in full force.

HanSenSE, heyabbott, MTM and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted