1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sandusky is in solitary or protected custody, right?
    For good reason: He would get killed in general population.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Franklin? I suppose it's possible he hasn't done anything wrong at Penn State, but how about Vanderbilt? The fact that he's the coach in Happy Valley after all that happened is further evidence people there don't get it and probably never will.

QYFW likes this.
  3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Nah. Outsiders condemn everyone within 100 miles. That's embarrassing, too.
    Most of those people voted for Trump, though. Condemn them for that instead.

4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

I've felt dubious on Franklin over the 2013 incident. That was a major, major, Baylor-like issue at Vandy and it felt like he got out at just the right time. Always held Vandy/Northwestern/Rice/Stanford to higher standards than the other football factories they play on conduct.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

We can have candlelight vigils for both.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I feel sorry for you two that you try to bring others down on a night when they might otherwise be feeling good. That's all.

7. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

Hell of a job in the second half by Penn State. I suspect no one on the selection committee got much sleep, and there's no way they're going home today without getting roasted by someone.

ChrisLong likes this.
  8. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

I'm all for this. And while we're at it, let's fix all the others, too. No rankings whatsoever until the first weekend of games in October. That way, we at least move toward lessening the impact of the ridiculous notion of rankings based on pre-season guesses.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah. Nice supple skin. They love him long time.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I could almost feel ok with moving on mentally, but Penn State is the one that wanted to dredge up old memories this season by "honoring" (the very word seems to have lost its meaning) JoePa at the Temple game.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted