1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 13: Insert dumb title here

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by QYFW, Nov 29, 2016.

1. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

yeah, I don't get the helmets, either. They should be a darker purple, not this glazed crap.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Did the Vikings punter get cut today after that abortion of a performance last night?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Looks like Bradford is pregnant.

And is that first shot from that 1977 (I think) playoff game with the Rams that ended with everyone's uniform number completely unreadable because of the mud? I'll never forget SI's cutline for a photo from that game: "Minnesota and the dry cleaners won."

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

So he met the standards to be a QB for the Chicago Bears?

What a glorious history at that position!:)

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

No, he exceeded them.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Locke is generally one of the better guys in the league at the position. My hypothesis is that he and Kluwe were in cahoots to make Priefer look bad on national TV.

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm poking QYFW with a stick, then he makes a Vikings comment, of which there are plenty to choose from.

No fun when you have to explain things, so I'll go back to my work duties.

QYFW likes this.
  8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a decent bet that we will see more of Mike Tomlin going for two Sunday at home against the Giants. Kicker Chris Boswell is likely to miss the game with an abdominal injury. The Steelers signed Randy Bullock to take his place. Bullock opened the season with the Giants and missed one of his three extra-point attempts and they cut him loose after Week 1.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Well, the Giants cut Bullock because their wifebeater kicker's suspension was over.

10. outofplace

Oh, right. I forgot. He still doesn't inspire confidence. They did choose not to bring him back once they finally cut Brown.

It was an area that looked like an advantage for Pittsburgh, but now it is a question mark.

11. outofplace

Very little discussion of Gronkowski's injury, which surprises me. He is out for the season and had surgery on his back for the third time. Supposedly, he is expected to make a full recovery in plenty of time for 2017.

Obviously, this weakens the Patriots for this season, but how much? He is such a nightmare to match up with and a tremendous blocker, so it's not like they can replace what he does.

I've also heard arguments that he is the best tight end in NFL history. I thought it was a bit premature given how often he has been injured and you really have to wonder how long this guy's career is going to be given how often he is hurt.

12. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Cutler = Favre-type arm, Favre-type smarts (lack there of), nowhere near Favre-type talent.

Vikings unis = AWWWWWWWW What a (color) RUUUUUUUUUSH

road-warriors.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted