1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Yes, and Michigan isn't overtaking Washington getting the job done in its conference final. Not when Jimbo's crew has the week off.

If Clemson takes care of business, the field is set in stone.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Still don't think they would have gotten in even if they did. Don't think the committee would have abided a possible rematch (just like it was in 2006). That said, I'd rather Michigan play in and win the Rose Bowl than get their asses handed to them by Nick Satan. Fewer Finebaum segments that way.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Damn. Too bad Colorado put the starter back in. It's up to Penn State to steal the spot from the Pac-12. (Which I still think they do with a win.)

4. jr/shotglass

Brady Quinn is well on his way to becoming an extremely boring color man.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Great Huskies hustle to prevent the KO return.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

The only hope for s Big 10 stroke fest in the playoff is Virginia Tech upsetting Clemson.

7. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

You really think Penn State leapfrogs Washington? Even if the Huskies close out Colorado by a large margin, which looks likely?

I can't pretend to know how the committee is going to react to all this, but I can't see them having one team jump several spots past the other after both have pretty comparable wins.

8. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Also, defensive backs need to knock it off with the Dikembe finger wag after breaking up a pass, especially when you are down three scores.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This headline reads in an unfortunate way with Screenshot_2016-12-02-19-28-17-1-1.png a word missing. Or at least my dirty mind is going there. (I'm a little late to this, was covering a game)

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think it's going to happen, yes, based on nothing more than a hunch.

The committee love love loves the Big Ten. I predict that if Penn State wins, they're in; but if Wisconsin wins, Washington is in.

11. jr/shotglass

I just don't think they have too much respect for Penn State, LTL. That 49-10 Michigan score is hard for them to overcome.

And frankly, if they're looking for the three best teams to challenge Alabama, I wouldn't count Penn State as one of those three. They're still around step seven of a 10-step climb.

Franklin (actually, Joe Moorhead) has done a remarkable job from the Minnesota game on. But they still show every possibility of being stopped cold. For a next-level RB, Barkley has a lot of no-yardage, negative-yardage plays.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

PAC-12 trophy looks like a testicle in a tuning fork.

Draft saved Draft deleted