1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RIP Joe McKnight

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TigerVols, Dec 1, 2016.

1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

If you shoot and kill someone, you should face at the very least manslaughter charges. Maybe you're found to have acted in self defense, sure. But manslaughter charges should be a bare minimum.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

LOL. For plenty of sheriffs in suburban and rural departments, "The Andy Griffith Show" looks like "Fort Apache, The Bronx."

There are plenty of LEOs who never face anything more threatening than somebody irate at a parking ticket.

Yes yes most have faced tougher situations and most face some risk on a fairly frequent basis, but real life is not like teevee.

3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

From this board, I've learned that nothing is more stressful than Friday night football coverage and layout. Possibly landing the space shuttle, but those pussy astronauts have NASA helping them out.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

5. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

You're obviously not alone here, but taking out a loaded gun and popping off a few rounds at someone in broad daylight is beyond comprehension. You have to be a mental case of some kind to take those measures over a traffic dispute.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I heard their were multiple shooters.

QYFW likes this.
  7. Tweener

Tweener Well-Known Member

I would have gotten more than one witness confirming that before I reported it, but that's just me. That statement from one witness was circulated in nearly every story about the incident, and it turned out to not be true. Nice.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Make some calls and find out!

9. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

“I strongly suggest you stop believing what you’re reading."

YankeeFan and Songbird like this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Trump's Secretary of Education

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you actually know anything about Jefferson Parish or are you just speaking out of your ass?

Draft saved Draft deleted