1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

That's a lot of Donald.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

YOU BASTARD!!!!!

[​IMG]

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And some of you guys seem quite happy that people, families and children, will lose their health care.

2000 people scheduled to lose their jobs, now 1200 people will lose their jobs. What is the cost of saving those jobs? it will cost taxpayers with no connection to the corporate owners hard earned money. It may cost competitors of Carrier money, market share and jobs. Those companies may be better run, organized and with better products. Now Carrier is artificially floated. The President of the United States has now picked a winner without thought to the collateral consequences. Anybody can make a decision like saving a few jobs, but Leaders are responsible for more than the immediate results. Leaders need to see how today's decision will or may affect and effect tomorrow, next year and 10 years from now. Trump is a glorious idiot as a leader. He is not suited to thinking ahead.

And your failure to recognize this truth is not unusual, just sad. You reflect tens of tens of millions of people And that's why leaders, true leaders, are precious.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You refer to autistic children as retards, and you're a stone racist. You're riding a Goddamn Shetland Pony. Shut the fuck up.

5. heyabbott

But you took me literally, and you can't. Now go home and get your fucking shine box

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

He said shine box.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

8. bstnmarthn354

bstnmarthn354 New Member

I'm glad some jobs are staying in Indiana, but Trump could have played his cards differently. I would have advised him to say to UT's execs, "You know all those billions in federal government contracts you have? Please keep in mind that you didn't get any of them because you were the only bidder. You might want to consider telling your shareholders it's going to be harder to get all that work over the next four years."

Baron Scicluna and heyabbott like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trump shows such a great understanding of diplomacy.

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. heyabbott

Of my friends and people I like and know who support Trump, beyond the antipathy towards Clinton and Obama, I find that they were prone to the 'he's a successful business man and we need to try something different. '

I wish I could assign an affinity for Robert Frost to these misbegotten but patriotic Americans. But sometimes the road less travelled is best avoided.

britwrit likes this.
  11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm okay if our president is a crook, as long as he's brilliant. Like Nixon. We can live with that.

I'm okay if our president is not brilliant as long as he's virtuous. We can live with that.

We picked the morally ambiguous guy who is also clueless.

Goddammit.

gingerbread likes this.
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.