1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College football 2016 Week 14/championship week running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Nov 28, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

People are going to shit the bed when the Big 10 champ and Pac 12 champ gets left out, and Ohio State and Michigan are in.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

That'll do wonders for the sport's credibility.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Definitely not disagreeing with you.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I work with a lot of Wisconsin alums. They seem resigned to it, and not all that pissed. They think they should be in, given a loss by Clemson or Washington. But I think they also feel like they had their shot at Michigan and came out on the short end, so they kind of get it, too.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out for the scenario with three B1G teams. Go Buffs! Go Hokies!

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm hoping for Clemson and Washington to lose, Navy to win, and all possible chaos and hard feelings.

Riptide likes this.
  7. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As a Wisconsin alum, I'll agree with it. *IF they would have beaten Michigan or Ohio State, they'd be all set.

Most of us looked at the schedule and figured 7-5 at best, certainly not 10-2. Being a UW fan is a little different in that we've enjoyed real success in football (6 Rose Bowls in 23 years) plus the 3 Final Fours in 15 years, including a final in 2015. This is freakin' Wisconsin. We're just happy to not be going 5-7 in football and printing NIT tickets each year.

Far too many of the football factories are national championship or it was a failed season. Wisconsin isn't, generally, like that. We're not Ohio State. Not Michigan. But, if we battle for a title every 4 years in football and every 3 in basketball, we're happy.

I Should Coco and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Troy (-7) at Ga. Southern
    West Virginia (-17.5) vs Baylor
    Clemson (-10) vs Va. Tech

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

When Clemson won the title in '81, for awhile tons of my Tiger brethren felt that way. Clemson always played Georgia early, and that was usually seen as make-or-break -- beat Georgia and they're in the hunt, lose and it's over. When Clemson would lose, my buddies and I would laugh about this die-hard with whom I was in homeroom all through junior-high and high school. "You know old Robert's down at the Esso Club, running through the season. He'll come up with some way Clemson's still in it!"

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I think Clemson will win, but I think CU will beat Washington.

11. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

USC would beat all of those teams.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Too bad all of the games count. Even the ones in September. Better luck next year.
    The Trojans can go cry on their bullshit national championship trophy from 2003 and their half a championship that made them a "dynasty" and ask if anybody feels sorry for them.

Draft saved Draft deleted