1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

HDTV antennas?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Sep 3, 2013.

1. kleeda

kleeda Active Member

This is easy to build (I did it for $13) and it picks up everything. Put in the attic and attached the old Cable feeder cable that goes to every room of the house to it. Now every room in the house gets ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, PBS and a slew of alternate channels free of charge. Too easy, and way cheap. I skipped the aluminum foil reflector panel. Didn't need it.

Single Bay Gray-Hoverman (SBGH) Antenna : DIY TV Antennas

2. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

OK, so we got a GE black bar antenna. It's about 2.5 feet long and it's positioned behind the TV so you can't really see it. So far so good. PBS comes in great, which is good for the little one. CBS comes in clear so I can watch my favorite AFC team. ABC and NBC are a tinge spotty, and although Fox is also a bit spotty, it's better than ABC and NBC. Called the cable company and it seems just having internet will cost us $75, which is far better than the $179 our bill was going to be after our "introductory" offer ran out. Have to admit, I'm pretty pleased.

Killick likes this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Any fun with the unexpected channel finds? My favorite laugher was noticing (by my channel guide) something called "FU Channel."

Me: "F me?!?! F you!!! Oh... 'Fu,' as in 'Kung Fu.' As you were. Nothing to see here. Move along, citizen."

4. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Lots of movies from the 1970s that, let's just say, weren't close to being nominated for an Academy Award.

5. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

Uh, I can't change my own oil.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

You literally need to unscrew one bolt and let gravity take care of the rest.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Riptide and bigpern23 like this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

"Righty tighty, lefty loosey" mean anything to you? :D

Gator likes this.
  9. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

10. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

To go with basic comcast package my landlord has for me, having Kodi makes everything better.

Draft saved Draft deleted