1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He's. Never. Denied. That. He. Fucks. Ivanka.

Never tried to pass it off as "locker room talk" or that he was "just joking."

And, for that matter ... neither has she.

I've been banned and threatened with banning on several lib sites for even mentioning the topic, on the grounds the very topic in itself is misogynistic.

"No woman should ever have to deny rumors like that about her father," I was told in one cease and desist warning.

Well no shit. But how many fathers go on national teevee talk shows to brag that they did exactly that, usually with the fully grown adult daughter giggling coyly by his side?

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I expect him to make it closer in garbage time but he won't win. But the GOP will hold the House at a minimum and dig in for another four years of their sit-down strike. The party motto may as well be "Death before dishonor."

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I find your use of "death before dishonor," a very Klingon sort of statement, amusing because at this point, I would not be particularly shocked to find that Trump turned out to be a surgically-altered time-traveling Ferengi. Cripe, "Trump" even sounds like a Ferengi name.

4. britwrit

britwrit Well-Known Member

Watching Trump rallies in Ohio this week, I'm reminded why they're held a lot in schools, factories, college towns, etc. Better a hostage crowd of kids or employees than with people who have lots of free time on a week day.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Polls are beginning to show predictable tightening as Republicans decide to hold their noses and stick with the party. Always happens.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL. Yeah. Trump's gained 8 points on Clinton in three days in the four way ABC Tracking Poll.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Tracking polls are notoriously volatile. There's no way Clinton was ever up 12. That came when Republicans were feeling blue and thinking about skipping the election. People feel that all the time, but if they've voted before, odds are they will again.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

The problem with the WikiLeaks stuff, for Trump, is that there is no smoking gun. Just a bunch of inside baseball and bullshitting back and forth between campaign members. And when something juicy does come out, you need an army of people to put it in context to try to explain to the everyday person why what's in the email is so bad. It's all noise at this point. Who is reading through 18 days of posts of emails? No one.

Oh, and repeat after me: Virginia is not in play for Trump. Even the Bill Mitchells of the world realize that. He ain't winning here. He never contended here.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Early voter totals seem to be proving the tightening polls are false -- Democratic EV is far outnumbering Republican.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of Nate Silver writing as an established fact that Trump, on video, "condoned unwanted sexual contact"?

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Even Trump knows that. He punted it a few weeks ago when he pulled his entire operation out.

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think he's going to win, too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.