1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Climate scientists say "Hi."

HanSenSE and Stoney like this.
  2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Translation: Shit, man, hell if we know.

When it comes to this election, there are several valid reasons to cast a questionable eyebrow toward the reporting and the polls. The fact that Trump has been dead and buried two or three times and keeps clawing back -- this is twice now that Clinton has been reported to have a double-digit lead one week and the next week the pollsters turned into Lee Corso -- is perhaps the biggest.
    I don't know if it's bad polling practices, bad data, people lying to pollsters, or just a weird election that's producing skewed data, but the polls have been all over the map throughout the process. The only numbers I'll trust are the final ones.

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey you guys!

Trump cut a 12 point lead in half in just two days! At this rate, he'll be ahead in three days:

[​IMG]

Now, seriously, how do they stand behind such numbers?

Pretty convenient that the 12 point lead came out in time to lead the Sunday shows.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And God forbid they engage in anything regarding actual governance. You know, trying to pass bills and stuff like that.

Ace likes this.
  6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think he's going to win, too.

TowelWaver and Cosmo like this.
  7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

You've said that. I sure don't see any evidence of it.

8. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Silver is making a good point in his latest post ... Trump seems to be picking up ground but Hillary isn't losing any. Some of the Johnson voters seem to be going his way.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I'm being sarcastic.

But, that said, it is remarkable how much the race tightens any time Trump manages to just shut the fuck up for a few days and not say anything stupid or get personal with anybody. I don't think he's ever really understood that people don't want him to be an asshole. They want him to be the reasonably acceptable alternative to an asshole. He never got that.

jr/shotglass, Ace and wicked like this.
  10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

*puts on nerd glasses*

Technically if he cuts her lead in half he will never be ahead. As Trump's defict approaches zero, the number of days needed to close the gap tends toward infinity, always halving in size but never going away.

Please don't give me a wedgie

bigpern23, HC, HanSenSE and 7 others like this.
  11. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I will only believe this if @doctorquant states it.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Do you think he gained 6 point in two days?

I sure don't. So, what's with the ABC tracking poll?

Talk about voter suppression efforts. The mainstream media is at the forefront of trying to suppress Trump's vote.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.