1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 9 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Oct 24, 2016.

1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Do me a favor, google the last 30 years of Pitt football and then get back to me.

2. BitterYoungMatador2

You at least knew Michigan State was going to be breaking in a new quarterback, after how many years of talent like Connor Cook and Kirk Cousins. Notre Dame, on the other hand, makes no sense at all. I mean, friggin Duke punched them in the mouth unfazed at their house.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Michigan State struggling a little bit, maybe going 8-4 or 7-5, makes sense. But there's no excuse for going from playoff team (and a third straight 11-win season) to probably sitting home during bowl season, all in the span of one year.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

This doesn't sound good, for either the long term or the short:

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As far as Michigan-Michigan State this week, I'm not declaring the Spartans dead without two doctors and a signed death certificate. Hearing McDonough's voice still gives me bad flashbacks. And you know Dantonio will be dipping heavily into the #disrespekt well all week.

In other Michigan news, America's favorite crazy bastard had to get glasses last week and chose a style he says reminds him of Michael Douglas in "Falling Down," Malcolm X ... and Woody?

Jim Harbaugh Looks Like Woody Hayes Today And It's Hilarious

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

... And yes, UM will have 40 by halftime.

UM, OSU and PSU are dead lock losses. Rutgers, Illinois and Indiana are coin flips. They'll do well if they win 4.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

Urban Meyer = bitch

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. BitterYoungMatador2

That's just a perfect job for him. Everyone just hero worships and sucks his nuts. You know the call screener let no one on out of fear and intimidation, then tried to justify it. Ol' Urb may not even have to fake a heart attack at this place. I never thought I'd say it but I'm glad Penn State shoved it up his ass.

UPChip likes this.
  11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Aww, you say that about everybody who takes office promising to knock down Penn State and then doesn't deliver.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

Please see my above comment

Draft saved Draft deleted