1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don't want to let @doctorquant off that easily -- especially because I don't think, on his main premise, that he is wrong. I want my employer completely out of my family's healthcare business.

But I can't allow anybody to defend the pre-ACA system, because I have a child with a chronic health condition and it's only because of the ACA that I have ANY freedom to change jobs (the pre-existing condition elimination.)

I've also been lucky enough in my career to have worked closely and become personal friends with people from Denmark, Canada, Norway and Australia. Try as I might, I can't get any of them to say anything bad about their country's health care systems (even as they rag on the other things about their country that suck, like traffic and cold and 60 percent tax brackets.)

So my questions for any of you who's against single-payer:

1/Have you or a close family member ever actually been sick?
    2/Do you personally know anybody who lives in another country and know their experience with that country's health care system?

That said, I also offer this: Any plan that costs you less money by definition means there's less money somewhere, whether that means lower salaries for doctors and nurses, less profit for insurance companies, or something. Personally, I hope my kid's doctor is rich as fuck. She does a great job and I hope she has as many sailboats as she wants, because she deserves them. I could care less about whether or not the hospital president or insurance company exec gets by.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Even if four dozen of her former patients are in bankruptcy because of health care bills?

I'm all for "the best" getting paid the best. But give me a goddamn choice. I have no idea who spent 37 seconds reading my wife's CAT scan and then charged $450 for doing so. Show me a price tag on a procedure. Show me a price tag on anything.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Given The Pig's powerful pull with Muslims, might as well shore up the Jewish voting bloc.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I have zero illusions about changing anyone's opinion, especially his.

But socialized medicine is not some far-out idea. His idea, quite frankly, is. (Even on the small chance that it worked.

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Dick Yuengling announced his support for Trump. That made me very sad.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I'm sure this has nothing whatsoever to do with the so-called failure of Obamacare!

[​IMG]

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So this is another thing that went south on Obama's watch, but isn't his fault?

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Joseph Swedish! That's a name you can set your watch to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.