1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Best new business profile ever?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by JohnHammond, Oct 25, 2016.

1. JohnHammond

JohnHammond Well-Known Member

Owners of a new hot dog restaurant in South Dakota get a nice profile in the local paper. Owners are facing drug charges and just want to "move on." Plus, the "restaurant's menu features 13 varieties of hot dogs and sandwiches, including some oddities like the eatery's namesake, the Hungry Dog — a foot-long, bacon-wrapped, deep-fried hot dog with chili, shaved ribeye, fries and Dimock pepperoni cheese — and the Chicken 'n' Waffle Club — fried chicken with bacon, lettuce, tomato and maple gravy between two crunchy waffles. Minder said they also serve burgers, fries, onion rings and soup."

Hungry Dog owners attempt to ‘move on’ from drug charges

Dude's Facebook page is awesome with comments such as "slander!" regarding the story. Anyone want to bet a guilty plea is forthcoming?

Jordan Muntefering | Facebook

Even a friend seems to think he's guilty.

Stacey Schoenfelder To me that seems like slander and harassment why couldn't they just write a good article about your new business I think they are mad because every day you drive by and it's crazy busy we tried it last week and it was amazing so sad that they feel the need to do this it shows how bad this community is at moving forward everyone makes mistakes it doesn't mean you should have to pay for it the rest of your life I think what you guys are doing is amazing don't let them bring you down!!!!

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  2. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

Everyone gets caught with cocaine and methamphetamine at least once in their life, right?

But seriously, why would you want to eat at a restaurant owned by potential drug dealers?

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

To score?

Ice9 likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

At most, if not all, the papers I've been at, they could be selling cocaine openly and as long as they paid their chamber dues a spotlight story would be forthcoming.

5. That story was handled well (and if I were in town or someone who read the story, I'd even consider giving it a try ... it sounds ... unique, if not good).

When people show their true colors on Facebook, more often than not, they become less likable.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

How late are they open?

7. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

On the plus side, if the restaurant does well, they may need some temporary help for 67 years or so.

HanSenSE and dixiehack like this.
  9. On the South Dakota scale maybe.

10. The menu sounds like recipes one would concoct while high. So it makes sense.

Ace likes this.
  11. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Pretty good for a meth head.

12. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Would be great if the soda machine in the background read Coke instead of Coca-Cola

Draft saved Draft deleted