1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

I can't get in to "Fear...". But it does give reason to think the program could have an hour-long Christmas special: A bunch of Walkers munching on reindeer.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Fear isn't as good, IMO, and Sunday's premier agitated the crap out of me with the stupidity of the kids.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Trailer for the upcoming season, and no, it doesn't reveal who Negan killed.

It does include more about the Kingdom, which was first mentioned late last season. The bit of the trailer answers a question fans of the book have been asking.

4. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'm still working my way through the comics. Good shit so far.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I know the Show & Comic thread is active, but I avoid the comic stuff since I haven't read the source material, so thought I'd revive this one.

Um, holy hell. That was a tough one to digest.

Rick's facial hair seems to be a good indicator of his state of mind throughout this series, so I suspect his beard will get considerably longer before he goes off the rails and destroys Negan. Hope it grows quickly.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  6. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I was looking for this thread. Thanks Bigpern.

That was brutal. I knew what happened in the comics but man, it was still tough to watch.

7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Brutal episode. But well done. Jeffery Dean Morgan seems perfectly cast. It's quite a feat to bring some underlying level of likeability to such a vicious killer.

Saw an interview with JDM that made sense. Rick and his group have done awful things, too. Like murdering many of Negan's people in their beds.

Has we been following Negan's group from the start, Rick and Co. could easily be seen as "bad guys."

There are no good guys.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thanks for pulling this one up.

I'm having a hard time deciding what was worse to see: the collapsed skull with the eye popping out while trying to mumble his final words or Rick's snot bubble during his (Biblical) Abraham task.

9. outofplace

Agreed. Negan is an asshole and he certainly seems to derive a lot more pleasure from doing awful things, but Rick certainly doesn't fit the role of hero, either. Maybe some of his people did, but most of them are compromised, too. I believe that was the point behind the attack on the Negan's people in their sleep.

I think that is at least part of why so many people are fans of both Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Both shows defy expectations regarding the "good guys" and the villains. Of course, they also share brutal, intense violence. Some people are drawn to that. Others simply have to be able to stomach it. I'm sure we all know plenty of people who give either show a try and are instantly turned off by the violence and gore.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

My wife would enjoy the story lines if it weren't for the gore. But she can't come close to handling the visceral aspects of the show. Glenn would have made her puke immediately.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I thought the premier was more graphic than it needed to be. Rick is also the dumbest leader ever.

If I was in Rick's crew, I would have asked to borrow Negan's bat and bash Rick around awhile after he told Negan he's going to kill him.

Keep that thought in your head, dumbass!

12. outofplace

Having the lone zombie kneel down to eat the remains at the end of the episode was a bit much, but it should not surprise anybody who has been watching the show.

My wife refuses to give the show a look. We have had friends invite us to watch as a group and she wants no part of it. The same is true for Game of Thrones, which I think would be more to her liking.

She is far happier to stick to her reality shows, which I find truly revolting.

spikechiquet likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted