1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What is there to say? The interesting stories at season's outset are the teams that have undergone big changes.

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Surely you'll forgive us Sixers fans for running out of patience.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

The Cavs are awesome. The Cavs are the best. The Cavs are defending champions. LeBron rules. Cleveland rocks. Etc.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Cleveland isn't even talking about the Cavs right now. (Just like half of Chicago doesn't care about the Bulls.)

5. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm a Cavs fanboi and I don't really care about the start of the season. My feelings are basically:
    1) I wish it never started. I want to bask in the title glow for all eternity.
    2) They're about to embark on 82 preseason games where the biggest goal is to stay healthy, until the real season starts.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. John

John Well-Known Member

Given how much I enjoyed watching the Warriors in the preseason, I can't wait for the real thing to get started.

Still haven't quite gotten over the Finals collapse -- fortunately I was in Iceland when it happened and couldn't get the games on TV, so I at least didn't have to see it).

After about a decade-plus of apathy, I'm back all in on the NBA like I was as a teenager during the Bird-Magic-Jordan era. The Warriors of the past three or four seasons have a lot to do with that, as do the Spurs.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Was there a joking tone to this? Durant doesn't seem like that much of a prima Donna, but I still wonder if it's wise for a coach to compare a superstar to Gary Johnson.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

There's almost always a joking tone with Steve Kerr. He's great.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I thought it meant that Durant smokes a lot of pot, and gives nonsensical answers.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That's kinda what I figured, but just reading the words made me stop and think for a second.

Draft saved Draft deleted