1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's not entirely true. I've been on the provider end.

"How much will this lab work cost?"

"Depends on your insurance."

There are a million different plans, and they're all different, and their agreed upon co-pays, limits, prices and formularies are all different. I'd call the lab, and they couldn't tell me. Most times I'd pull out a lab price sheet for people with no insurance and look up that lab. Since people with no insurance pay the highest prices because the insurance company has squeezed the providers (which sucks, because who needs a break more?), I could generally say "Well, it shouldn't be more than $X."

Try getting a straight answer about what your CT or MRI will cost, because the same applies there. Good luck with that. Throw in that many times those are done in emergency situations, it's not like you can say "That's too much, I'll get it done at St. Vincent's across town." Suuuure you will. If you have a kidney stone or have been in a wreck, your procedures just get done and you figure all of that out later.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True. The insurance companies or government all have different negotiated rates and it's hard to get a straight answer on the price.

Imagine going out to eat with a party of 12 and the restaurant didn't know what to charge for the meal and drinks and said they would send you a bill in a couple weeks.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Saw this and couldn't quote your post (thus removing Starman's post and all context) quickly enough.

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

He's gonna cry himself to sleep tonight on his huge pillow!

Inky_Wretch and TowelWaver like this.
  6. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It's like an orange on a toothpick!

Inky_Wretch and Big Circus like this.
  7. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What do you want her to do, exactly? Kiss his ass?

9. BTExpress

Of course, because there are only two options (to an American):

1. Remain in constant conflict, swinging your big dick around, or 2. Kiss his ass.

As if 3. Cooperate/reach an understanding/compromise never existed.

10. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Step 1 towards cooperation and minimizing conflict would probably be, stop using state-sponsored hacking to influence US elections.

wicked and Dick Whitman like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

When he threatens "consequences" for harsh words, it doesn't really leave much room to maneuver.

TowelWaver likes this.
  12. BTExpress

That's why I added what else he said. Our insistence on leaning only on the most outrageous soundbite doesn't do any of us any favors.

He's willing to work with her. I truly believe that. But he's only going to work with her from a position of equality and mutual respect, not from a position of "OK, what can we do to keep you evil Russians from blowing up the world?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.