1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016-17 Running NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It doesn't really sink in till you see the reality ... Kevin Durant wearing a Warriors jersey. Hadn't seen it till now.

Predictions: Buddy Hield is ROY and the Lakers win 40 games.

Celtics over Warriors in the Finals.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not seeing another record run by the Warriors, Kerr has already said that. Curious to see how they'll blend as the season goes on.

Team that may surprise some: Minnesota.

And, of course, the post-Tim Duncan era begins in San Antonio.

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Hearing a lot of good things about Joel Embiid, and I can't wait to see what he's got.

That almost takes the sting out of the likelihood of Ben Simmons missing the entire season. Almost.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Glimpsed at a few pre-season games to see how KD would mesh with the Ws; when he signed, I envisioned how those wide open shots Barnes got and missed would now be shot by KD; well he's making them and meanwhile Curry and Klay are getting better looks. Underrated effect, on D, KD moves his feet and is more of a defender than Barnes (who did pretty well I admit). Its going to be fun (and I am fortunate enough to score an invite to tomorrow night.)

Objectively, very hard to see anyone beating the Ws, unless Draymond has a meltdown.

I am fascinated by the TWolves, with Thibs and the young talent. Sincerely wish Rubio would develop a shot because he's so fun to watch.

Celtics can be fun to watch this year as well with Horford.

Amazing that LeBron has played in SIX straight finals.

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

If Simmons misses this season and next season he'll be right there with Embiid.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Is there an updated over/under for the season? Searched and looks like GS is 66.5. Yes it's hard to win 70 games no matter how much talent you have, but would anyone bet GS wins less than 66 this season?

7. Songbird

Timberwolves should be fun and exciting ... 45 to 50 wins exciting. Kind of like the Cubs: vibrantly young and good with some strong veterans. Wiggins has an MVP in him at some point.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I would take the under. They won't be pushed by a team like the Spurs for home court this year.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In August, on a trip to NYC, I saw a preteen kid wearing a Durant GS jersey at the Museum of Modern Art. I figured Durant hadn't even worn one yet, but merchandising never sleeps.

10. Songbird

BTW, the Warriors' jersey logo might be the best one in the history of the NBA. Works so well.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Idiots. Ten posts in before the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers are mentioned. Adam Silver will be in attendance tonight at the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers' season and home opener. After the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers are finished with their game, Silver will walk a hundred yards to the Indians' World Series game. Many people will be downtown tonight celebrating the NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers receiving their NBA championship rings and banner-raising.

12. Songbird

Oh yeah, the Cavaliers will spend 82 games defending their title. LOL.

Draft saved Draft deleted