1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

The best thing that could happen for MLB is that the Cubs lose this Series in seven games, preferably in gut-wrenching fashion. But they have to lose. It's the last great storyline in baseball. It's like when the Cubs win, the story of this particular chapter in MLB history is at its end. Like starting over almost.

2. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Interesting storyline in Cleveland, where the Cavaliers open their season and will hold their ring ceremony about 90 minutes before first pitch of Game 1 of the World Series.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I could only imagine what the atmosphere was at and around Wrigley to win the pennant.
    If they get a chance to win the whole enchilada at home this coming Fri-Sat-Sun..it will be other worldly.

4. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

How does cord-cutting diminish numbers for a broadcast network?

5. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

There are some younger people who never even buy a TV, much less get an antenna to get broadcast channels. If it's not streaming on am iPad they don't watch it.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Cubs fans have been absolutely insufferable about Joe Buck during the playoffs. The entire nation is pulling for them, but they think the announcers are "cheering for the other team." They were pissed that Buck praised Clayton Kershaw in advance of Game 6.

8. Dick Whitman

I wonder how many of them know who Ryne Sandberg or Ernie Banks is?

Sorry. But it gets old. Yes, there are a lot of them. They aren't some uber-passionate band of fans, though, compared to fans of other teams.

I Should Coco likes this.
  9. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Then it has nothing to do with cord-cutting. Those people aren't watching TV in whatever form.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

That happens among fans of every team and always has. The national announcer is always either a) biased against OUR team, b) a complete incompetent, or c) both.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm pretty convinced that sports fans as a collective group are pretty much the same across all teams

Draft saved Draft deleted