1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Week 7 NFL Thread: The Insuffra-Bowl!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Oct 18, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Since they'll need a travel partner, may I suggest the 49ers? This is beyond awful.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Punting here is stupid, but I say again, Brown should be out of this game. It makes no sense at all to risk him like this.

M_G, they are dysfunctional, but they are also missing far too many key players, and that was before losing Coates early and having Brown hobbled. That defense badly misses Cameron Heyward, who is their best pass rusher and a key run defender. Hubbard is their third-string right tackle and he struggles in pass protection. It was his hold that wiped out a tying touchdown pass.

Jones wasn't awful, but he certainly wasn't Roethlisberger. Take the play before the ill-advised 54-yard field goal. That is a throw Roethlisberger routinely makes, but Jones does not do well when he has to improvise.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, in Atlanta, the Falcons go for it on fourth-and-2 near midfield early in overtime and get stuffed. Chargers take over, kick a field goal, and finish off a comeback from 17 down to win 33-30.
    Other than a 38-14 win at Jacksonville in Week 2, their games have been decided by 6, 4, 1, 3, 8 and 3 points.

4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

If you're not playing in snow, mud or driving hailstorm, a 3-0 game with less than 5 minutes to go is simply pathetic.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

This is either ending 6-3 in regulation or going 3-3 to OT

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I miss him.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Why on earth is Arizona not kicking this?

8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that answers that.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Is this going to end with a 6-6 tie?

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why the hell didn't Arizona put the ball in the middle of the field for the kick?

11. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

Can't believe the number of games Seattle has won over the last five years off such ridiculously fluke junk.

12. IllMil

IllMil Active Member

They didn't put in the middle of the field because you should be able to assume a 20 yard FG for an NFL kicker.

But they should have run another play on 3rd down.

Too much can go wrong with field goals.

Draft saved Draft deleted