1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I was just reading one of those time wasting Facebook posts about people meeting celebrities. One poster, a female, said she ran into Jason Segel at a bar and even though she's a big fan of his work from HIMYM, she stammered and could only come up with "Hey, Jason Segel! You've got a nice penis!" Mortified, she then slunk back into the shadows.

sgreenwell and Jake_Taylor like this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's only been on for 15 minutes, but Fox's Rocky Horror reboot is embarrassingly awful so far.

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Damn, I had wanted to catch that tonight hoping it would at least be OK.

4. MisterCreosote

The concept of "camp" is completely lost on these people.

I feel bad for Tim Curry - he looks like he wants to kill himself.

5. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I could have actually enjoyed parts of this if Katharine McPhee had the Janet role. Consider.

6. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

Tim Curry had a stroke a few years ago, so that might be part of it. He's had to go through extensive therapy just to be able to talk again.

But yes, that's the problem, this is too sterile (probably because of primetime network TV. Imagine Rocky Horror Live on HBO or Showtime or even FX) and they are taking it so seriously. It doesn't have the feel of the original. And they've misplaced some of the parts of the audience interaction (which is by far the most interesting thing about this).

7. MisterCreosote

Wow, I didn't know that about Curry. That sucks.

The audience participation stuff is falling squarely into "if you have to explain the joke..." territory, IMO.

And, whatever they were doing during The Time Warp was most definitely not the Time Warp and everyone involved in those spasms should wallow in self-hate.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Been watching Timeless on NBC, mostly because I give all Shawn Ryan projects a try after the Shield. It's better than I expected. Abigail Spencer is really good.

Dyno and Killick like this.
  9. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Catching up on Designated Survivor. Just watched episode three, where they're starting to piece together what happened.

That last scene on the bridge reminded of so many scenes just like it from 24, and they're using sounds -- like the whooshing sound after the clock count down -- that sound so much like 24 as well.

I can overlook the small things, like the skyline and all, and this show is still enjoyable.

10. Goliath on Prime.
    Two episodes in ... Hooked.
    Billy Bob Thornton.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Anyone catch Pure Genius last night? i kinda dug it.

12. Third season of Black Mirror is n Netflix. I really enjoyed the first two. Started the first episode of season 3 I turned it off after about 20 minutes. Got bored. I'll skip it and move on to the next episode.

Draft saved Draft deleted