1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And, as a woman, it's great to learn to be evasive in order to avoid creeps.

Wait - Bill Clinton. Ok, bad example.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I just wonder if she'll feel the same thrill that women voting for Hillary feel this year, when she casts her first presidential ballot for Chelsea Clinton in 2036.

She'll never know a time when the idea of a woman president was unthinkable, or at least way off in some unknown future.

Big Circus likes this.
  3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I was told there would be an enthusiasm gap from the Obama elections. Plz advise.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This is going to be a stomping of epic, historic proportions. That should quiet the rigged sentiments—those are louder if it's close—but it does raise the spectre of a humiliated Trump and his supporters, who will react like wounded animals, and be all the more dangerous for it.

It's not a nice thing to think or talk about, but I'm guessing Hillary will have to be the most protected president in history.

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They won't give a good goddamn five minutes after it's called. He'a not leading some violent movement with legs. He's airing grievances at the town hall meeting. Right before Bingo.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yeah, if Trump were some kind of revolutionary ideologue, I'd be worried. But he's just a showman who did something as a goof and got too far.

HanSenSE and YankeeFan like this.
  8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Obama has been.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I think the beer can brigade mostly returns to the couch.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Can't miss the start of O'Reilly.

11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

RCP has moved Texas to a tossup. Trump should still win it, but it is a bit jarring to see.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I hope you guys are right. I think you are right about the majority. But there is a small percentage of his supporters, however small, who feel angry, aggrieved, and worst of all, hopeless. Imagine being so desperate that Trump seems like a saviour to you. That hopelessness is the really dangerous sentiment, I think. All it takes is a couple of crazies who feel as though they have nothing to lose, and the course of history changes.

exmediahack, wicked and bigpern23 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.