1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I have not heard a harsh word said about the guy since basically 20 minutes after it happened.

Again: Yuppies at Wrigley Field aren't gunning people down. I walk eight blocks and back through downtown every day. I've never so much as seen a punch.

2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Did you see that show about him? Might have been a 30 for 30. Never underestimate lone nuts.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It was a 30-for-30 ... and the only way I think it could be made right is if he gets to slap that beer-throwing, shit-eating-grin guy around with a rotten carp for about half an hour ...

sgreenwell and Vombatus like this.
  4. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Who should throw out the first pitches?

Game 3: Lee Elia
    Game 4: Leon Durham
    Game 5: Steve Stone.

5. exmediahack

No one will shoot Bartman but, given the average BAC around Wrigleyville during a game, something really bad will be brewing.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I was impressed that maybe I missed it but it seemed like the broadcast last night didn't bring him up.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Steve Stone is employed by the White Sox.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I expect to see Samdberg. He'd be the favorite player of the most prevalent generation of Cub fans.

9. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

One game, Instead of a first pitch they should get descendants of Tinker, Evers and Chance to turn a first double play.

10. exmediahack

Exactly.

11. exmediahack

But then, what happens if, on the turn, the throw goes over Chance's head and fatally injures a 9-year-old, who is there with her father battling terminal brain cancer?

These are the Cubs we are taking about. Gotta take all possibilities into consideration.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Oh, sure, now you care about accuracy in an online posting.

Draft saved Draft deleted