1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

For those who like musicals ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, Oct 21, 2016.

1. HC

HC Well-Known Member

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

I was laughing at myself. I clicked on your link and saw the headline: "Exclusive: Louise Pitre Leads All-Female La Mancha Set in Women's Prison," and I read it at first to literally mean that you were going to be performing Man of La Mancha in a women's prison.

Congrats and good luck!

Man of La Mancha is based on Don Quixote, right? How does that translate to a prison setting?

3. HC

HC Well-Known Member

The musical is set in a prison where Cervantes defends himself to the other prisoners by telling the story of Don Quixote with all the prisoners playing parts. I think it's going to be fun .... Don Quixote meets Orange is the New Black. :)

4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Women in prison?

!!!

5. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

To dream the impossible dream ...

HC likes this.
  6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

When I think of women's prison vehicles I think of classics like Chained Heat (HC is not the least bit surprised at this news) not Man of La Mancha, but bonne chance and break a leg!

HC likes this.
  7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

I'm playing Pedro, one of the muleteers who rape Aldonza. Not quite the nun I used to play ....

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

One of the few musicals I've seen performed live.
    At Glassboro State (now Rowan) when I was a child.

Draft saved Draft deleted