1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

My favorite AP lead of the year

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by mpcincal, Oct 21, 2016.

1. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

From the business wire page at our shop:

BOSTON — Two of the most well-known names in vacuum cleaners have ended a two-year legal battle over just how much their products suck.

Dyson, the British technology company known for its upscale vacuums, and SharkNinja Operating LLC, a Massachusetts-based company known for its infomercials and lower-priced vacuums, had sued each other over advertising campaigns in which they claimed their vacuums had significantly more suction or were better at deep-cleaning. Each company accused the other of violating state and federal laws through false and misleading advertising.

Batman and Old Time Hockey like this.
  2. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I've always wondered whether something is better at sucking than Dyson. I get the idea behind spinning the dirt so that suction isn't reduced as the bag / collecting area fills up. But from a technical point of view (and financial POV), what is best?

Christ, the words "Jenna Jameson" just went through my neurons.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Every Rangers fan knows Dyson sucks.

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  4. reformedhack

reformedhack Well-Known Member

That is outstanding.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Folks, seriously, what is the best vacuum cleaner?

Draft saved Draft deleted