1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

That'll cover chapters 4 thru 6 in Pearlman's book on the USFL.

Maybe 4 thru 8.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It was a poll of registered voters, not republicans:

Mason-Dixon conducted the poll of 625 registered voters from Oct. 17 to Oct. 19. The margin of error is plus or minus 4 percentage points.

David Duke qualifies for Louisiana Senate debate

This means that you could have racist dems and independents mixed in. It also means that some dems looking to embarrass republicans could have chosen Duke.

It also means that a total of about 32 people picked him.

Sorry, but as the avowed racist in the race, you'd expect him to draw the support of all the racists in LA.

He got 5%. I'm not sure that's a big number, or an embarrassment. I would say it's low.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Want to see a group photo of those "about 32" people.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It doesn't work like that. These people are all career political activists. It'd be close to defecting from North Korea, except you go on living in the same place as the people you betrayed. And if it was found out you did it for money, school's out. You could get killed.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Hey, at least he didn't call her "sugartits" and ask if she's Jewish.

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

image.jpg

Only about 31 to go!

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

“Many don’t know this, but Rudy actually got his start as a prosecutor going after wealthy New Yorkers who avoided paying taxes,” she (HRC) said, a reference to Trump reportedly not paying federal income taxes. “But as the saying goes, if you can’t beat ‘em, go on Fox News and call ‘em a genius.”

Killick likes this.
  8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

In a Republicans-only poll, I suspect he'd have gotten more than 5 percent. Who's in charge of the Trump campaign? A racist website. Who in the GOP has ever taken Trump to task for courting racists and anti-Semites? Nobody. A legislative leader in Kansas has called a Hitler quote "profound" and "great" with no internal partisan backlash.

And the idea that 5 percent is low is a equally disturbing. At any moment in the grocery store, for example, you might see 20 people at a time. If the 5 percent figure is correct, it means you have an outright, unmitigated bigot in your field of vision at all times. If you think that's low, acceptable or "not an embarrassment" for our society in these United States of America, I fear for the future of the country.

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

We're still waiting to find out whether he watched Making a Murderer.

franticscribe likes this.
  10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Don't know if you saw the video, but Rudy did NOT have a grin-and-bear-it look on his face after that line.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Trump's been in so many sticky situations this election cycle it's impossible to condemn all of them. Maybe they should take numbers, like at the doughnut shop?

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don't endorse everything in this article, as I think it lets people off a little too easy. But I do think it is an interesting insight into what besides overt racism is driving Trump's base. (And like you, I'm surprised to find political commentary from Cracked.com)

How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

UPChip, TowelWaver, Stoney and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.