1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

All-purpose, running Geek thread (formerly Battlestar Galactica thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Piotr Rasputin, Jan 31, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Stick this in your Midichlorians, Lucas.

2. outofplace

Red band trailer for Logan, Hugh Jackman's last go at playing Wolverine. Looks like the captured the tone of Old Man Logan, but with a very different story.

3. outofplace

And something a bit more fun.

4. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Logan trailer was damn good. As OOP said, looks like they just took Logan from Old Man Logan and mixed it in with some of the X-23 story. Prof X replaces Hawkeye and x-23 is the package(?), looks maybe post apocalyptic, no super villains taking over the world, and the Reavers. (edit) Maybe we get Cable at the end bringing Laura back to the timeline from DoFP.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  5. outofplace

That is the challenging part of that story, making it fit with the overall continuity. The last we saw, the future of the timeline established in DoFP was very positive and it would have been tough to make it all collapse so quickly.

Then again, they could use the apocalyptic device from the actual Old Man Logan story in the comics, but that would be very difficult to fold into a 2-hour movie.

But that would cast quite the dark shadow over the ongoing X-Men movie universe, which will continue with Deadpool and X-Force (already announced). I'm sure they will make another X-Men movie at some point, too, though I don't remember seeing one announced. That leads into your thought that it would somehow involve time travel. The story in Logan would either be erased or left as an alternate timeline.

6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

If it's done right, this could be one helluva movie.

8. outofplace

Glover is certainly building up some Geek cred with this and his upcoming role in Spider-Man: Homecoming. I've read rumors that he would be playing the Prowler, but I don't think that has been confirmed.

That just led me to the IMDB page for the upcoming Spider-Man movie. They certainly have quite a few characters who have been villains or members of the supporting cast in the comics: Vulture, Tinkerer, Shocker, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson, Aunt May, Liz Allan and Ned Leeds. This is in addition to Glover and Zendaya, who plays a character listed only as "Michelle." Tyne Daly is also in the cast. I wonder if they have her playing Anna Watson, though that character is normally around the same age as Aunt May and you can't really cast Daly and Marisa Tomei as the same age.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's nothing, but I found it interesting that Glover's character's name in Homecoming isn't listed on IMDB, considering he played Miles Morales in the Ultimate Spider Man cartoon.

BTW, I love the casting of Michael Keaton as Vulture and Bokeem Woodbine as Shocker. Woodbine's never been, nor will he ever be a star, but he's a solid, solid role player.

But getting back to the Solo movie, we haven't even seen Rogue One yet and I'm amped to see the adventures of a young Han and Lando. I'm assuming we'll see the origin of Han's relationship with Chewie, which would be fun.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

J. Joanette Jameson?

11. Looks way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaay better the Superman v. Batman.

12. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

I dunno. I came away feeling a big "meh" after the trailer. Wonder Woman was the lone bright spot in Batman v Superman for me, but I don't know how interested I am in a movie that primarily takes place about 100 (or more) years before the action of the last two movies in this universe.

Draft saved Draft deleted