1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

franticscribe and Twirling Time like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Another hero steps forward with 18 days left.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Happy to see @Starman is thriving at the Daily News.

[​IMG]

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

See, it's funny because it depicts them as gay!!!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Nah, more like a Pedro-esque "Who's your Daddy!?11!!?"

6. Dick Whitman

I think there are a couple of things going on here.

First, past leaks were true leaks, given to Assange by people like Bradley Manning because they had access, rather than through an illegal hack.

I think that some of the content of what's being released is also bothersome. Not too many people seemed to complain about Clinton's Goldman Sachs transcripts getting out. They were newsworthy. Someone calling Chlesea Clinton a "spoiled brat" or saying they "hate (Larry Lessig's) guts" is just voyeurism.

7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The jokes at each other's expense were fine, funny even. It was when he started calling her Crooked Hillary and talking about corrupt she is that things went south.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Melania speech joke was pretty good. Usually there is a lot of self deprecation with some pointed zingers. Both skewed more towards the latter but then Trump went from jokes to just being mean without the pretense of trying to be funny.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

That dinner was another example of Trump four-putting a two footer. He had a great chance to show some personality and humanize himself. He gets up there, makes some jokes at his own expense and he would have been a big hit. He should have hired some comedy writers to write his speech - not Breitbart's CEO.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I've pretty much tapped out on this election at this point. I've found that following it has made me a angrier and more bitter person, and I didn't like the road I was going down. Hillary is going to win. I'm voting absentee next week since I have a work trip on Election Day. I can't deal with the hatred and demagoguery any more. I'm not going to listen to him angrily tear people down for the next two weeks.

wicked, HanSenSE and Dick Whitman like this.
  11. Dick Whitman

I keep trying to get myself to take a 24- to 48-hour break from it. Haven't done that yet. I'm like an addict.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think he's going to be around here.

Oh, you meant Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.