1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Postseason Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Oct 3, 2016.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm sure the Indians' doctors and training staff did no research whatsoever into what might help.

I'm wondering if he has a chance to be back in time for Game 3 or 4. It would be 10-11 days from his last outing.

If it's the Dodgers they're facing, they get a huge stroke of luck with Merritt against a team that can't hit lefties. He might get two starts.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As much as I hate Hernandez, this was a nice exchange. Like the gentlemanly approach on both sides.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

As good as Kershaw is, you never know. I mean, the '68 Tigers were totally screwed, down 3-1 with the last two games in St. Louis and Bob Gibson looming in Game 7. Oh wait...

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Ask the '03 Marlins.

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Frank Thomas is a big dude.

RickStain likes this.
  6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

We don't. I wish we did. There'd be a whole lot more guys walking around today with their families. We have some gauze, etc., that work as quick coagulants to prevent additional blood loss and, thus, keep blood pressure up, and we throw some magic fluids at significant trauma to stabilize patients until we can get them back to resuscitative surgery.

Batman and Vombatus like this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yeah must be Szczur's bat and not that he has been facing average righties instead of tough lefties the last four PAs

8. Songbird

Hail Szczur!

9. Songbird

That inning was too fucking long.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Announcers perpetually bemused at why teams don't run at will on a guy against whom the successful steal rate was barely better than average.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't think the Dodgers have a single player in the same lineup spot as last night. Four different starters too.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

His cut needed 10 stitches. Probably too big for the superglue.

What is skin glue? - Health questions - NHS Choices

Draft saved Draft deleted