1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Going forward, post bug reports here too.

Discussion in 'SJ Site News & Suggestions' started by Jeff, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Concur with the general slowdown. It won't load on my phone, either.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Same here. We're having some issues with our ISP, but I think it's more than that looking at the board.

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

So, has anybody told Jeff?

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I sent a message Thursday.

5. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Hey All,
    Just saw this, looks like email isn't working either as I didn't get an email notification about Riptide's PM. Our email provider (Mandrill) shut down and I migrated all my sites to a new provider, but looks like SJ somehow got missed when I did that.

I will dig into the server slowness tonight when I get home from work, not sure what's happening. I did upgrade a bunch of Linux packages on Friday night, although I haven't changed server config setting so (theoretically) nothing should have changed, but I will dig more into it, as well as fix the email issue.

Really sorry about this.

6. I'm having trouble posting photos.

And when the photo fails to post, siting more than 1,000 characters, I am unable to post in that thread because the previous message or ghost of the photo image I tried to post remains in message box at the bottom of the page.

7. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Having trouble accessing site from my home network. No problems with other sites, or with this site when I turn off wifi on my phone.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The site's pages haven't been fully loading for me the last couple weeks.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When I try to access the site from my phone, I get a "server not responding" message. But it works fine on my iPad.

10. Jeff

Jeff Administrator Staff Member

Anyone still have loading problems?

Everything has been working fine the past few months other than when I was upgrading various server software. I generally do upgrades every 2-3 weeks, unless there's a critical security patch. Normally upgrades result in 5-15 minutes of downtime.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Anyone else getting occasionally redirects to spam websites? Happening for me on iPhone only and only on this website.

12. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I did a few times yesterday

Draft saved Draft deleted