1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I would have sat Reed and Spieth. Those two were on fumes this morning towards the end.
    Would have kept Koepka with Snedeker. I enjoy watching DJ and Koepka hit it 350, but there's no fire or chemistry there.
    After yesterday, Moore and Holmes wouldn't have played til tomorrow.

2. Please let Reed and Rory go head to head tomorrow.
    Please.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

McIlroy and Pieters are -8 through 10.
    That is fucking obscene.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You may wish to amend your remarks. If Reed's on fumes, they're fumes of Courvoisier VSOP. About to go birdie-eagle-birdie-birdie.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I just saw that.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

I think you're being a little harsh on the Ryder Cup as a whole, but, like you, I certainly don't feel great about loud cheers following a ball in the water.

7. Michael_ Gee

It's not that hard to cheer really loud and also observe golf etiquette. Happens at every Masters.

8. Michael_ Gee

One more thing. Lots of the galleries sit around for three or four hours before they see a golfer. This breeds restlessness, and also fuels drinking. They might have to imitate the NCAA and ban alcohol sales on the grounds.

9. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I believe they should play the Price is Right losing sound when someone hits a ball in the water.

In other news, Kuchar drops in a bomb of a putt then does the Hillary Clinton shimmy with playing partner Phil Mickelson. Then again, maybe it wasn't that. This is the Ryder Cup after all. Thankfully, Phil's back was to the camera during that move. Might have been too much jiggling for network TV.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The gallery was doing the fucking wave and the guys on tv were yucking it up about the great Ryder Cup fan atmosphere you need to experience first hand.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

"You gotta be here to believe it, folks! Speaking of, it's never too early to start booking your trip for the 2018 Ryder Cup..."

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Not a Patrick Reed fan -- except in this thing. Dogged and the feisty asshole you need out there. Great stuff. Sunday is going to be wild.

cranberry and Lugnuts like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted