1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

College Football 2016 Week 5 running thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Been a longtime since Gameday's been at the U, and for what is historically a premier midseason rivalry game between two love 'em-hate 'em programs? That's my bet.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It appears the game is at Autzen.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

No big fan of the Huskies and Shaw is a good coach but it's nice to see someone wipe some of the smug off of his face.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I need to get in bed soon so I can wake up at a decent hour to drive to Tuscaloosa. But man this BYU-Toledo game is too good to turn off.

5. dixiehack

Toledo scores a touchdown and goes for two. Snapped before the qb was ready and hits the ground, but he picks it up and completes the pass. 53-52 Rockets with 38 seconds left, but BYU already in field goal range.

6. dixiehack

Cougars win.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

These games take to damn long. Mack Brown literally left the BYU game with 10 minutes to go to catch a flight.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

BYU QB graduated from high school in 2009. That makes him 25 or 26 years old. BYU is the only school I've ever seen that doesn't list the DOB of its players on the roster, because it doesn't want people knowing how old they all are.

We've been through this before but if I'm an AD no way do I schedule any BYU male team in any sport. It's simply not a level playing field (and yes, I know other schools also have LDS players who are older than average, but not entire teams). Marcus Mariotta graduated HS in 2011 and he'll have four years of college and almost two years in the NFL before Taysom Hill even completes his eligibility.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

People have been saying this forever, but if it was that big of a deal, wouldn't BYU be ... oh, I don't know ... better?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Eh, they're white, religious and take two years off from training/competing in their sport.

Consider the field leveled.

exmediahack likes this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Lots of schools don't list DOBs on the roster anymore. It's considered a privacy/anyi-cyberstaking thing.

I remember when I was covering Alabama, Javier Arenas returned a punt for a TD. SID notes said it was his birthday. Asked SID if he was 19, 20, 21, what? They couldn't/wouldn't say.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Defense not only optional, but strongly discouraged.
    1278 combined yards.

Draft saved Draft deleted