1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Definitely two points for the takedown, but only two for the near fall.

Anyway, Giants go on to rout the Dodgers 9-3, scoring seven runs in the sixth, so status remains quo in the wild card race. A little of everything you expect in a Giant-Dodgers game. Two hits for Bumgarner, a little chin music, and the Giants' grandstand reporter outdueling someone in a Valenzuela uniform for a foul ball.

3. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Had no idea who that fan was, but when I found out he was a Dodger fan, I immediately deemed that one of the greatest videos I've ever seen.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

A second fan, a woman, ran on the field at the same time. She got knocked over by Buster Posey.

EDIT: Adds video.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd call it a Belly-to-Pagan Suplex.

This link also has the transcript to Vin Scully's call of the move. Since he has plenty of time, maybe he can call some WWE matches.

Angel Pagan body-slammed a fan on the field

6. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Actually, I think the one knocked down by Posey is the one who ran out into left field to get slammed by Pagan. Looks like the woman was running out toward first base.

7. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Rick Monday still tops the list.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

In the Vin Scully-called version I noticed this chest device on the home plate ump. Looks like more than just a protector. Are home plate umps being recorded? Audio? Are there cameras in there? Those little black circles look like mics and/or minicams.

Have they been testing it and are we going to see Ump Cam during the playoffs?

Screen shot 2016-10-01 at 6.35.25 AM.png

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I see Rich Hill got a nice little 80-pitch workout in last night, then the Giants took apart the Dodgers' second-string bullpen. Hopefully Kershaw has the same kind of tuneup in mind tonight.

Given recent postseasons, the Dodgers might be as motivated as the Giants to keep the Cardinals a game out.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Buccos doing their part right now.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now not so much.

Cardinals rallied to tie, then Gyorko hit what turned out to be a game-winning home run off Rivero in the bottom of the eighth.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm conflicted. Giants have no business going to the playoffs after their second half but dammit if I didn't want the Pirates to win that one

Draft saved Draft deleted