1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

Matt Hardy on WWE rumors, "I am very content at Impact Wrestlig. I don't know if I trust that MeekMahan or if he will try to stifle my broken brilliance."

KYSportsWriter likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I saw a Cageside Seats comment to the effect that they should have Senor Benjamin do a brief vignette with "He's coming." The Internet might break.

3. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I can't watch either show live because of work, and I'm usually too tired when I get home the next nights. I watch both on Thursday or Friday on my days off, but it's getting to the point that it's not "must watch" for me anymore. That's crazy. They're loaded with talent, but they're not doing anything with these people to tell stories to make me give a shit. This RAW stuff is wretched. I have a much easier time watching SmackDown.

4. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Like many of the natural videos they do, I like WWE's new "Where Are They Now?" series on YouTube. New one on Ted Dibiase Jr. is pretty good. They've also done Vladimir Kozlov and are about to do Eve Torres.

Batman likes this.
  5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Women's championship match as the main event on Raw? I know it's not a first, but it is the first time in a long, long time, isn't it?

6. nietsroob17

Damn. If there was a female equivalent to the in-ring rapport of Zayn-Owens, it's Sasha and Charlotte.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That corkscrew moonsault was pretty sick, even if they botched it. I think Sasha got kicked in the cooter.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That corkscrew was insane and awesome.

It wasn't the best match between the two, and it wasn't near Sasha/Bayley, but it was still great and still better than 90% of Raw main events the last 2 years.

They carried the emotion and they carried the crowd. That made it fun to watch.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

There's only been a couple in history. Lita/Stephanie with Rock being the special ref was one. And Lita/Trish in Trish's hometown was the other. I don't think there's been another until tonight.

Good match, with the crowd respecting their efforts. The corkscrew was a huge surprise, even though I don't think she hit it well. They botched a spot on the apron, where Sasha was supposed to get her back slammed on it. But otherwise, it was fine. They should have the women main event more often.

The rest of the show was meh. Cruiserweights were fine. New Day vs. Jericho/Owens was fine, although I frankly don't give a fuck about Ashton Kutcher and the other guy. They kinda took away from the match, although Jericho continues to be awesome.

10. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

11. nietsroob17

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

It would have made sense then for Charlotte to retain last night via outside interference or walking away from the match or double countout fight through the crowd/to the back.

What reason do they need to be inside the cell?

I didn't agree with Sasha winning the belt on Raw right after the brand split, and I didn't agree with her winning last night. The money's in the chase. Her chase was way too short both times.

Draft saved Draft deleted