1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2016.

1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I don't hate America. I hate Americans who act like morons at the Ryder Cup.

Lugnuts and HanSenSE like this.
  2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Raise your hand if you had U.S.A up 4-0 after morning session.
    Me neither.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Euros putting, to quote P.G. Wodehouse, "like a sheep with the bots." Incidentally, in my list of guys who played lights out, should've included Fowler. Phil's drives left him some horrible second shots, and he kept making them.

4. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I love the Ryder Cup; I only got to watch about 30 mins midway but seeing the absolute nails putts by Fowler (and a chip-in too) , DJ, Reed, along with those by Garcia is so much fun.

Garcia has always rubbed me the wrong way but he's one tough dude in the Ryder Cup.

4-0, especially foursomes (alternate shot), is amazing; the Americans historically have struggled with that format. Having played that before I'd say that's the toughest format there is, at least with 4 ball you're playing your own ball.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yeah, it's one thing to accept your own bad shots and move on, it's another when it's somebody else's bad shots. Takes real poise.

6. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Good point about alternate shot. I'm guessing very few regular golfers play that type of event as opposed to, say "best ball" or other easier formats.

That said ... if I had, say, Zach Johnson hitting my putts, maybe I could be a decent alternate shot player.

7. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You're a weird dude.

9. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A ton.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

McIlroy talked trash to some spectators earlier in the match. Dish it out, and you should take it.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Link please.

12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It's funny,precious DLIII had a fan kicked out of a tournament for saying something to him.

Draft saved Draft deleted