1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They just showed the Reds' post-game newser on Giants postgame and the manager was not happy, and even mentioned the Giants, so, yeah, I think they might. Or maybe MLB will intervene?

2. HanSenSE

3. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He definitely tried to talk to the umps at the end of the game. The rule apparently is on a game-ending play the manager has to notify the umpire immediately if he intends to protest. Sounds ridiculous, Harold Reynolds said how can they have delays for instant replay in the 3rd or 4th inning but at the end of the game the umpires just leave and the manager has to immediately tell the ump he's protesting.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The Cardinals have something like 78 pinch hits in 240-something at-bats this season, if the drunken Mike Shannon was right the other night.
    Even when they're an average team they're lucky.
    Too bad they don't have Mark Melancon.

5. HanSenSE

Watching the WWL ... those ad signs on top of the wall are actually a couple of feet behind the top of the wall. And Bowden is blaming the Reds, while Mayne makes it sounds like the Reds can't appeal, which we know from the Post-Dispatch is not right.

The WWL, indeed.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It doesn't sound like the protest would stand. The 10-second rule seems pretty clear.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Hopefully Baltimore takes two of three in New York and Detroit loses once to make it a moot point.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

If you were Joe Maddon, would you trust Five Inning Jake to start a playoff game right now?

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Yes, but after Lester and Hendricks. He is still pretty damn good for a game 3 starter

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I could've sworn the post above is written by Rick Stain but my mind might be playing tricks on me.

What, did'ya get lost in Kenosha?

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

12. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

And makes no sense at all.

Draft saved Draft deleted