1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Hit Wonder Music Trivia

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

OK, since nobody seems to have gotten the answer, I'll give it to you. It was The Gentrys and their song "Keep On Dancing" from 1965.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

It's not Morris Day and the Time.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Not the Trashmen, Gypsy, Crow, Daisy Dillman, Willie and the Bees, Wallets, Suburbs, Suicide Commandos..

4. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

This band had only one Top 40 hit in the US, but many hits in their native Australia.
    Name the band and the song.

Bonus: Name the rhythm guitarist who had two brothers that formed a popular metal band.

5. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Silverchair - Tomorrow is my guess.

And, then I guess maybe Chris Joannou is the answer to the other question?

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The Church?

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Easybeats is the band, "Friday on my Mind" is a great, great song. George Young's brothers formed AC/DC; if I recall, George and one of the other guys from the Easybeats formed Flash and the Pan who had one minor hit in the late-70s, early-80s, "Hey St. Peter"

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

The bonus question actually defines the answer. Otherwise there are several bands that meet the first criteria.

9. RonClements

RonClements Well-Known Member

Changing my guess to Parkway Drive (Vice Grip) and Pig Kilpatrick.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

The Easybeats are who I was looking for.
    I didn't realize there were several bands that met that criteria, but figured I'd throw the hint in for clarity and because it was a piece of trivia one of my rock-loving friends didn't know.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I'd forgotten about the Easybeats. I've only heard of them because of the AC/DC connection.
    I thought of The Church because they had that late 80s hit in the US. Can't think of the name.
    What about Midnight Oil? Did they have more than one top 40 hit in the US? God, I hated that 'Beds are Burning' song.

12. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

there was another Young brother who recorded on Apple in the late 1960s. Really no connection to his younger siblings' lives, though, he already was an adult when the family went to Australia

Draft saved Draft deleted