1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow saves ... baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 9, 2016.

1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Fair enough.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Paging OOPBot.

JC likes this.
  3. studthug12

studthug12 Active Member

Tebow hit a HR in his first ab is awesome but shouldn't the talking heads have mentioned he was 1 for 6? Honestly everyone was saying how awesome that was, which in my opinion was disingenuous because I think they were using it not to say "TEBOW is awesome. You're living your dream" but were using it as "See we SHOULD be talking about this guy this much." Yeah it was great he hit a HR but they should mention it was his only hit in 6 abs against young 18-20 yo inexperienced pitchers.

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You know, I have said this before, but when Tebow went back to a US high school it was in my Mom's (and then my Dad's too) town in Florida. It's not a big place, and the word was he was just a genuinely nice kid. Seems like he's grown to a genuinely nice man who just can't play professional football, let alone baseball. It's too bad he won't give up, because I think he'd be happier if the world left him alone for awhile. ESPN talking head on shows nobody watched was really the perfect transition for him. Too bad he went back to the limelight.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He definitely just seems like a good guy, which makes you wonder about people who root hard for him to fail. Maybe it's that his fans rub people the wrong way, but there are a lot of athletes who are worse people and are very popular.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What makes you think he isn't happy now?

I think he likes the challenge, even when he falls short.

He seems remarkably well adjusted, given his upbringing, athletic ability, and fame.

Songbird likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Kind of agree. But it is a pretty crazy challenge. Would think a better challenge may be to play FB for an NFL or CFL team.

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

This is exactly it. It's not Tebow, it's his moronic winners win, fans.

10. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Tebow with his first save.

Steak Snabler and Songbird like this.
  11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Apparently he doesn't think that.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As a friend of mine pointed out, people are going to focus on Tebow's Jesus impersonation, but overlook the fact that he went out of his way to comfort someone who was probably scared out of his mind at that moment.

HanSenSE likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted