1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

What a terrible waste it is to lose ones mind

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I guess we'll find out how smart some of people -- whom Donald Trump thinks are so smart -- really are.

But consider, for a minute, how powerful it would be for some of white folks to hear, for perhaps the first time in years, in decades, how smart they are. Who doesn't want to be called smart? I do. I don't know anyone who likes to be considered a dumb person.

And lots of Trump's supporters have been called dumb, rotten, deplorable. And here comes a guy with yuge money and yuge facts and yuge smarts and he's saying "these are the smart." It's kind of cult-like, but you can appreciate why that might have some power with people. Especially white Americans who've lost multiple jobs, have shitty credit ratings and family members who've struggled with substance abuse.

Those white Americans look around and think "I'm privileged? This is the sum total of racial privilege? A shitty life where I'm told how lucky I am to be white, and how rotten I must be if I don't feel guilty about how lucky I am? That's privileged?"

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe Trump was just calling them smart because everyone in the room was so pretty.

4. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

I'm probably more amused than bothered at the idea the virtuous beauty
    queen The Clinton team has paraded out as an example of Trumps poor treatment of
    women has posed naked a number of times for Playboy. Haven't we learned that women are
    no longer supposed to viewed through a sexual lens and focus on surface beauty is misguided.

Certain posing nude in Playboy perpetuates the idea to many that it is ok to view women in a sexual manner
    and that surface beauty is important. What do those pictures do to the self esteem of those that do not feel good
    about their bodies?

The national media bought the story hook line sinker and now does not want to ruin the narrative by pointing out
    the contradictory side of Machado

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

6. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Or Trump could say, "I'm sorry for saying what I said and I am not very proud of myself in hindsight." But I am not holding my breath.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Let me guess, it's like taxes. He did what he wanted because it would have been wasted anyway.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I still don't get what your point is? What is contradictory? What is unvirtuous about her (assuming you were using the word facetiously and in the same way Donald Trump was quick to note that she is not Mother Theresa)? Do you think less of her because she gets paid for posing nude? Do you think women shouldn't be able to choose what they do for a living? Was it ok for Trump to disparage because she has posed nude?

9. HanSenSE

Yet some would have us believe this is supposed to be the wrong track. Ridiculous, especially considering how many times Trump has traded for a newer model.

10. HanSenSE

I've heard he cheats at golf as well.

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

THE MEDIA!!!! THE GUBMINT!!!! BENGHAZI!!!! EMAILS!!! LOCK HER UP!!!! BUILD THE WALL!!!

12. HanSenSE

This is the Libertarians' moment to move from being a lounge act into the Elvis chapel. Instead, its candidate seems to be sending it back 10-20 years.

Earthman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.