1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tebow saves ... baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Aug 9, 2016.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Gostkowski is probably best kicker in the league for one. For another, to go for two, the Pats have Brady and Gronk. Yeah, it didn't work in Denver, but Brady was running for his life on every play at that point.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, so another team. Would need to be someone unafraid of doing things differently. Chip Kelly?

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Chip Kelly HAD him, and CUT him in the preseason.

JC likes this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Didn't the Broncos have to dumb down, or radically change, their offense to accommodate Tebow the year he started? And is any NFL (hell, any CFL) team going to take that risk, building the offense around one player?

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

4th and goal from the two, Tebow is definitely who I'd want running that play.

If you wouldn't put him in then, why would you on a 2 point conversion?

6. Guy_Incognito

And I'm surprised.

7. Guy_Incognito

I would.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Nah. Just showing how stupid the statement "he's not in the NFL, so he can't make NFL throws" is.

How many times was Jeff George released from 1993-2006? Six? Seven? When exactly could he not make "NFL throws"?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I will say this. I covered Michael Jordan in spring training. My God, I even covered Garth Brooks in spring training. In each case, the verdict was "can field (not to say good field), can't hit." If Tebow can hit for some power, he will get a more extended look than other cross-sports transplants, because that can't be learned. Either you have big league pop in your bat or you don't.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Yes they did
    There are plenty of reasons QB's don't make it. Tebow cannot make CFL or NFL throws, he's horribly inaccurate.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

That's insane.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, if he can't hit, maybe they can figure out a way for him to pitch. After all, I hear the Pirates can use some bullpen help.

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted