1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

This is a show I can not miss. My goodness it has been some really good television. Already can't wait till next week.

2. old_tony

New season of Younger debuted tonight. Pretty good start.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Finally caught up with Pitch this morning and am looking forward to tonight. This does seem to get it right. Feels very real.

4. Zach Morris as the catcher threw me.... I stared at him the first week, trying to place him. The brunette-and-beard look through me off.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

I liked it, but there scene at the Capitol Building strained credibility. Why are all those family members allowed to be so close to the scene? And how does everybody receive the same notice of the Michigan incident at the same time?

I'm worried about how they keep the show going without stringing things along. It is tough to keep the tension high without getting silly or dumb.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  6. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Anybody else watch Documentary Now on IFC? Absolutely brilliant each episode.

Dyno likes this.
  7. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I love it. It's so well done.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

What gets me is that it's obviously very silly, but I still often find myself emotionally invested in the characters. Last season in the Blue Jean Committee episode I was on the edge of my seat hoping Bill Hader's character would just apologize. I had to stop and remind myself it wasn't even a real band.

Dyno likes this.
  9. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Yes! The Blue Jean Committee one was especially great. They did seem like a real band. I'm going to watch that one again.

Jake_Taylor likes this.
  10. old_tony

With Gosselaar as the catcher, I laughed at one of the Padres in the first on-field scene having the name "Voorhies" on the back of the jersey. A shoutout to the now-completely-batshit-crazy Lisa Turtle?

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I really enjoyed the pilot and looking forward to the rest of the series. The subtlety of Sutherland's performance is impressive.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Got a question.

I'm watching that new FX show, Better Things. At 10:08 p.m., Pamela Adlon says to her children, "I'm not calling your fucking father!"

No bleep. (I don't mean no shit, I mean it wasn't bleeped.)

Now, I thought it was hilarious, and I have no problem with profanity. But I'm just wondering, what is the line now as far as profanity? What channels can use it when? I know Comedy Central presents the R-rated material late-night, but this is as early as I can remember a prime-time show pulling it out. And with it being a filmed show, it's not as if they can just pop it out there without it first getting past standards & practices.

Draft saved Draft deleted