1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 MLB Regular-Season Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by doctorquant, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Teixeira helped his old club, the Rangers, by beating Boston. Rangers' magic number is down to 2 for clinching home field all the way through the World Series.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think it moved a little when Hyun Soo Kim hit that home run last night.

Aw, shit, who am I kidding. It didn't just move. I needed a towel to clean up afterward.

JC likes this.
  3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

The Cardinals on the verge of missing out on the wildcard has me smiling all over.
    Most despicable fanbase in all of sports.

old_tony likes this.
  4. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Can't believe that Joaquin Benoit getting hurt running from the bullpen to join a beanbrawl will be another nail in Toronto's coffin. Grilli is out of gas.

Stroman to the bullpen in the playoffs -- if they win the Wild Card.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

And who knows how bad Travis shoulder is from the other night.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I was stunned that was his first walk-off ... I could have sworn I saw him hit a walk-off grand slam against the Blue Jays in '04, but on looking through the archives it seems that was in the 8th inning.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Don't start gloating yet; the Giants close things out against the Dodgers. LA won't go nuts trying to win that series but you know they would love nothing more than to be the reason the Giants are eliminated. The way the G-men are playing, I wouldn't be surprised if they miss out.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I heard last night that Hill, Kershaw and Maeda are going to stay on turn and pitch. Makes sense as they wouldn't play again until Thursday anyway.

So, yeah, the Giants winning two of three is a tall order. Last night hurt, bad.

9. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Second NL wild card is going down to the wire with two teams that can't seem to do anything right. Pathetic on both sides.

Screw it. It's football season.

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's had a hell of a week with the shot against the Jays and this. I liked his bat flip after the shot in Toronto.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2016
  11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

And yet, if the Giants get in, they send Bumgarner out there for all-or-nothing and then would get the Cubs, whom they have played surprisingly tough in two series despite the obvious talent difference.

#evenyear #fanboi

Spartan Squad and doctorquant like this.
  12. RubberSoul1979

RubberSoul1979 Active Member

Do explain. Pardon the ignorance of those of us out West, where mostly this crew -- Oregon football, Raiders, USC football, Cal Bears football (who follow Mike Silver's lead), Red Sox, Giant fans who think baseball began in 2010 -- tests our tolerance for the insufferable.

Did I hear correctly, that the district of bars/eateries next to Busch Stadium has a dress code? That is pretty lame.

Draft saved Draft deleted