1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The TV thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Mar 28, 2013.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

No way I'm going to watch Douchegyver. They are trying to ruin my No. 2 all-time favorite show. (X-Files is No. 1.)

Designated Survivor was good, but is really 24's fraternal twin brother. Kiefer is just playing a nerdy Jack Bauer. I'm sure his character will step up to every moment, like he did with the Iranian ambassador. And we'll discover a mole or two.

Atlanta is excellent. Donald Glover is one of those guys who can be the main character but also be the background for all the action around him, such as when he was in the police holding room and when the woman talent agent mistook him for someone she had a relationship years prior.

2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I was good on Fear The Walking Dead at first, but this season has essentially devolved into being the same show at The Walking Dead, just with different characters. Not really a fan.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

We are still watching the show at my house, and I really have no idea why.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

We watched the first season and then forgot all about it.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I'm quitting before the finale. I'm missing too much good TV spending time watching this dreck. Was already done with TWD. Ready to abandon the entire franchise.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I watched the first couple FTWD this season. Bored me to death. The living crew in that one walks around like zombies. Rest are on my DVR. Plenty of other better things on there.

I predict in another season or two a massive killoff of FTWD characters. Pretty Boy lives and maybe the mom. They wander east and eventually hook up with the original TWD characters and merge into that show.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

FTWD jack!

I am liking "This Is Us." Has a "Parenthood" feel, plus the interlocked family premise has a very interesting twist. Two "wow" endings in the first two eps.

And damn, am I sad "Vice Principals" is done until '17.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I still like Fear, though I find myself tuning out more and more each week. Hell, I still haven't watched this past week's episode.

And Talking Dead used to be must-watch each week. Now, I only watch 10-15 minutes and then go to football or something else.

9. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the premiere episode of Speechless? Ep 2 is on tonight. It seems Minnie Driver is now the go-to actress to play extremely annoying moms. About a Boy and now this.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Avoided that like the plague. See above post.

Anyway, I liked the Lethal Weapon reboot opener. Could wind up liking Damon Wayans in the role more than I liked Danny Glover.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Designated Survivor, ep 2, was just as strong as the pilot.

HanSenSE, jr/shotglass and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

The General has an eminently punchable face.

Draft saved Draft deleted