1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2015.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So, if there's a U.S. title match and tag team title match and nobody watches, do they actually happen?

Because between MNF and the debate, I'm thinking Raw may set a record for lowest ratings tonight.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

So, the enemies become a tag team ... again.

Please, make it stop.

3. KYSportsWriter

Also, please let New Day lose this match.

It is, as Cole just pointed out, day 400 of their reign. It's way beyond time.

4. Baron Scicluna

Are you fucking kidding me?

The solution to the Cesaro/Sheamus ending is to ... make them a tag team and give them a tag title match against the winner of the upcoming title match.

No eighth match. No "you both deserve the title match so you get it in a triple threat against Owens" as it sounded like Foley was about to say. Nope. They couldn't even have Cesaro win, and give him a title match at Raw and either have Owens cheat to win or get DQed?

What a stupid idea.

5. KYSportsWriter

I was hoping, at least a little bit, that he was bringing this back:

[​IMG]

6. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

That was the most uninteresting raw since July 4. Had to be a throw away show because of the debate.

I guess Gallows and Anderson are buried? Cool.

Roman and Rusev headed for the Cell? Ok, I suppose.

Cruiserweights.....eh we'll see. I'd still rather watch Neville or any number of guys they don't have time for than Perkins.

The rest I don't even really remember.

7. Baron Scicluna

Can't exactly blame them. Like I said earlier, between the debate and Monday Night Footbsll, they may end up with record low ratings. Reigns and Rusev was pretty good, though. Don't know why Anderson and Gallows are getting buried. And the Sheamus/Cesaro thing is utter bullshit.

I didn't even bother watching the rest.

8. JimmyHoward33

JimmyHoward33 Well-Known Member

The Cageside seats guy pointed this out and he's right......They had an hour to themselves before the debate and they chose to fill it up with Clash rematches that both ended the same way as the PPV. And the 35 minutes Reigns/Rusev match was a plodding affair full of rest holds.....a good wrestling match in the scientific sense, perhaps, but not the way to keep people from changing the channel.

9. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

I assume you mean Sam Roberts, not Rosenberg.
    Hands-down the best out there, and it's not even close (although Wade Keller and PW Torch is decent ... but drags on with callers).

But to your point, having Katie Linendoll to play off of makes his podcast 10x better. Sucks that she'll never be a full-time regular due to her schedule.

JimmyHoward33 likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Blah. I meant Shoemaker.

12. nietsroob17

nietsroob17 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted