1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

2016 Golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Jan 19, 2016.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Tiger has few "big" Ryder Cup moments; has probably been a very poor teammate over the years. Nah pass. Go with a youngster, Bryson!!

justgladtobehere likes this.
  2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

I love Bryson, but only Tiger's pouting with Phil in 2004 is a RC moment I'd blame on him. Again, he once made seven birdies and no bogeys in a match with Stricker (who made nothing) and "lost" because Colesartes made eight birdies and an eagle. His "losses" are not all on him. He's been one of our leading point getters in every cup he's played in. The whole US history is not great. That's not on him.

3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

Will be in Monterey, Calif., next week for work. Is it worth trying to play one of the many courses out there?

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Short answer, yes!

5. PER TBL ...

Bad News for Tiger Woods Watch.

6. Double Down

Tiger isn't getting picked. But I still think he should get picked. Legitimately. And when he comes out and plays well at the Safeway (especially if we lose the RC again) everyone will be like "What the hell?"

Bubba is guaranteed to have some kind of emotional snit fit during the RC. Whether it costs the US one match or four matches is YTBD.

7. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Not everyone. Tiger's done nothing to earn a spot on the team. If he's named, I doubt I watch, and I've been looking forward to the RC all summer.

8. Double Down

9. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I have an idea for the Fed Ex Cup, and one that I think would go over pretty good.
    For winning the Fed Ex Cup, they give you a 10 million dollar tax free retirement....no....fuck that.
    Put 10 million in cash right there off to the right on the first tee. Have 3 or 4 guards around it so no one gets stupid.......
    Here ya go boys.......this is what you're playing for......go get it.
    Would get some attention.

11. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

You've been watching too much World Series of Poker, haha.

For me, the $10 million would carry more weight if the next four finishers in points didn't ALSO get a million or more. It's just such an insanely bloated prize pool.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

True. Total prize pool is 35 million. That's a lot of tokens.

Draft saved Draft deleted