1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL reporters for Steelers, Cowboys, Broncos + Pats

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by AJC SEC, Sep 27, 2016.

1. AJC SEC

AJC SEC Member

Cox Media Group launched a new NFL website in August, and we're looking for part-time reporters ASAP who can cover the following teams:
    • Dallas Cowboys
    • Denver Broncos
    • Pittsburgh Steelers
    • New England Patriots
    You must be available to cover the team during games and during media availabilities throughout the week. We need reporters who understand how to aggregate news, develop sources, and have the ability mix in the elements of opinion, analysis and humor. We’re looking for energetic writers with an endless stream of fresh ideas for feature content.

If you're interested, please do two things: Please email a copy of your resume and variety of 10 clips (features/enterprise, breaking news and multi-media) to SECBloggers@gmail.com. The official job posting is here: Search Jobs at Cox Companies

You can live remotely for these positions, and pay depends on experience.

2. Southwinds

Southwinds Member

Again, how can anyone live remotely and cover games and media availabilities, aggregate news and develop sources, and report and mix in opinion?

I feel like I'm picking on these openings, and I get that some pretty respectable folks have taken these jobs, but I'm not sure these guys know what the heck they want or how they want to pull it off.

3. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

Maybe remote from Atlanta, meaning in those cities?

A bigger question: Who will they pick up in these markets to cover these teams? It's hard for anyone to move for a part-time job. (And how is covering one of these four premier NFL beats a part-time job?)

4. Southwinds

Southwinds Member

That's why they're "covering" them.

5. AJC SEC

AJC SEC Member

Thanks for your questions. I apologize for the confusion. We need part-time reporters for each of those four NFL teams, and you don't have to live in those particular NFL cities to cover those teams. Main thing is you have to be available during each team's game and media availabilities during the week. Thanks

6. cpete

cpete New Member

I sent you an application and never heard back. I could cover the Pats.

Draft saved Draft deleted