1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Most people never even get the chance to do that. Taxes are deducted from your paycheck, and you hopefully get some back by filing your return. To really minimize taxes, you have to have capital, not just income.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

The preliminaries also show it was likely the most watched debate ever, but the Trump folks live in an alternate universe where they can keep telling themselves that nobody saw it...

Debate may have been most-watched in U.S. history

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

You're right. I guess I just don't want to hear about crumbling interstates and substandard airports from somebody who's contributing nothing to fix them.

And to be clear: I'm not bitching about my tax rate. I'm contributing my fair share. Would that others do the same.

Neutral Corner and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Yeah, but he has a 10 year old son who is so good with these computers, it's unbelievable.

So, that raises his effective median age to about six and a half.

Donny in his element likes this.
  5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I found it interesting that he seemed to want major props for building a golf club "that let blacks and Jews in as members" Really? This is praise worthy? I guess in the circles he runs in this might be a "hard choice" but this is 2016 and most of us assume this should always be the case.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Or how much he loves the troops.

HanSenSE and FileNotFound like this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think his exact line was that people have congratulated him because it doesn't discriminate!

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was me. I wasn't thinking hooking up their genitals, though. More like around their heads.

9. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I'm at the point where I really wish I hadn't stayed up to watch the thing. I got worked up, slept poorly, and am still worked up today.

I'm just as sick of "politics as usual" as the next person. I truly am. That's the basis of my antipathy toward Hillary Clinton. But if Trump is the alternative to "politics as usual," I'll take "politics as usual" 8 days out of 7.

His supporters should be embarrassed. The 16 men he beat for the Republican nomination should be even more embarrassed.

HanSenSE and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Holt asked about the email controversy and Clinton admitted it was a mistake. See how easy that is? If Trump would ever admit wrongdoing, he might not have people harp on shit. Tax returns ARE a big deal. Like they said, this is the first of three debates. You can't cover every topic, but to say Holt was in the bag for Clinton seems like an odd take to me. Holt seemed to simply be MIA. Trump bragged about not paying any federal taxes. That's not a big deal? And Trump can try to redirect about birtherism, but he was the one banging that drum for years, not her.

11. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

This how I'm feeling. I still don't want to vote for Hillary Clinton. But I don't think I'd be able to get myself to vote for Trump, so...I'm stuck, and have not been happy this entire election cycle.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That problem is the fault of the government, not the taxpayer. If he was smart, he'd turn that back at her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.