1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump cheats at golf - the ONE and ONLY politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by SnarkShark, Jan 22, 2016.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

How the fuck do you expect people to get rich if they're always having to give away their money?

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Next up: Veep debate, 4 OCT.

And for round #2, 9 OCT, HRC vs DJT, I really want to see it held in a ring, complete with turnbuckles.

4. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Did someone say turnbuckles?

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Agreed. Especially since the states he needs most, like Ohio and Michigan, are those where that message most resonates.

Both political parties have been remarkably insensitive to the disastrous impact NAFTA and other such agreements have had on working class middle America manufacturing towns. And people in those regions have been screaming out for someone in power to take their back. That's the one and only legitimate issue (ie. not rooted in xenophobia/hate/fear) where I can understand Trump's appeal. He'd be wise to make that his campaign's cornerstone issue in its final weeks.

I thought Trump absolutely won the first part of last night's debate when they were on those issues. But then he disintegrated into the usual Trump buffoonery and got destroyed the last hour. Fortunately for him, many short attention-span Americans will only remember the beginning.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I dunno, Stoney. I was in the Youngstown, Ohio area last weekend for a big wedding, the daughter of one of my wife's brothers. I met a lot of people. I saw a lot of different parts of a community. It didn't look Rust Belt devastated. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon, the big mall parking lots were jammed. The local restaurant I went to Friday night was jammed. The young people I met either had good jobs in the technology/health care nexus (the groom is IT manager for a racetrack, I must get to know him better!), or were taking graduate courses to get even better jobs in those fields. I think the actual economy there looked pretty decent. I believe what's hurting is the psychic economy for older people, who had to live through a wrenching change and of course remember the industrial past with fondness. It was their world and it went away. But it didn't leave a wasteland.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

“If I were Donald Trump I wouldn’t participate in another debate unless I was promised that the journalist would act like a journalist and not an incorrect, ignorant fact checker,” Giuliani said.

Giuliani: I'd skip next debates if I were Trump

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Amazing. I don't want a Regular Person to be President of my county. I want an extraordinary qualified, experienced person. Maybe that's just me. Funny. The people who want experience aren't real Americans, according to the Fox News crowd.

I Should Coco and HanSenSE like this.
  12. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They're just trying to work with what they have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.