1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Updated thread - What TV commercial gets on your nerves?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, Dec 1, 2006.

1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'll tell you what's really starting to piss me off, because it's happening more and more often: Running the exact same commercial two, even three times in a row. How many people have to be asleep at the switch for that to happen? Or do they think they're doing the advertiser a favor by doing this?

Comedy Central is a particularly blatant offender with this.

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  2. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Could be your cable provider.

3. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

You should call the local newspaper to complain...

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Suddenly every car company has its own version of an inattentive dipshit behind the wheel getting bailed out by some whiz-bang safety feature at the last nanosecond. The tee-tiny disclaimer at the bottom of the screen does not make it cool either.

5. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I'd pay good money to see annoying commercials. I get a steady stream of AFN public service announcements. Oh, and the daily weather and fuel prices for Europe ... in Central America.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Knock yourself out.

old_tony likes this.
  7. three_bags_full

Yeah, that was pretty bad.

old_tony likes this.
  8. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

I find myself morbidly drawn to them. I tend to forget what I'm watching and think, what the heck ... then remember it's AFN.

9. three_bags_full

I now know that all children must be registered to ride school buses in Germany, and carry a pass.

10. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

The laundry commercial with the yoga pants that smell so bad the cheap stuff won't eliminate the odor I think is missing the real problem. She either isn't washing her pants regularly or she has a problem a Tide pod can't fix.

11. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

WTF is up with the Pizza Hut commercial with the alien doing all the talking? And the swarthy looking dude just standing there nodding the whole time?

12. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

To revisit an old hate: It seems the stupid chips commercials are getting even more ridiculous. Now the bag has chips sticking out of the fucking top, like it would be impossible to close.

Of course, my and your bags of chips are three-quarters air.

Draft saved Draft deleted